Tuesday, October 30, 2012

He Loves Me Not: I Loved It NOT!


 
He Loves Me Not by Christine Kersey

The story is about a college student named Lily, who receives a note warning her to stay away from a man.  The problem is she doesn’t really know to which man the note refers.  The messages continue coming and Lily continues to ignore them until  her life is in danger.

 
It is an easy read, but that’s about the only positive assessment I can make.  The plot is solid with some interesting twists and turns, but the characterization has holes.  It was difficult to understand exactly why the main character, Lily, made the choices she made.  It seemed as if she was incapable of making a good decision, and this grew old quickly.  Her background was referenced, but didn’t substantiate her current actions in the story.  There was a disconnect there.  Also, there is some redundancy in the use of the phrase, “my heart swelled with love.”  The story itself is not bad, but I think it is not enjoyable for the reader because Lily isn'at likeable.  I found myself feeling sympathetic to her at first, but half-way through the book I felt she had become more pathetic than anything else. 

This book might appeal to a younger, less mature audience, but I am uninspired to pick up the next installment in this series. 

Believability:  Two Stars

Characterization:  Two Stars

Cohesive Flow:  Two Stars

Dialogue:  Two Stars

He Loves Me Not by Christine Kersey -   Overall Rating:  Two Stars

He Loves Me Not by Christine Kersey is currently available on Amazon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment